Edmund Stanley Library Lunchtime Book Discussion
Bring your own lunch. Beverages will be provided.
Sign up at the Library front desk or by emailing Lynne DeThample at email@example.com during the week of Sept.29 — Oct.6
Each participant will receive a copy of the book, readers guide, and a bookmark.
- Book: Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea
- Host: Vicki Ronn
- Date & Time: October 13, 20, and 27 from 12:00 - 12:50 p.m.
- Where: Library Room 201
Got Sources for Your Papers?
No? Well then come to the Library training sessions that will show you how to find the sources you need!
- Advanced Library Research Training Session
Thursday, October 8, 6:30—7:30 p.m. in LIB 212 in Wichita
Friends University Students, Faculty, and Adjunct Faculty:
- You are all invited to attend training ssessions on two research skills topics the Library will give during the next several weeks in the Library computer lab LIB 212. These sessions will help you become a more efficient and effective library researcher. There will also be time for individual help on your topic. Please see the times for these two sessions immediately above. Descriptions of them are in the last half of this message.
- Faculty and Adjunct Faculty: If you assign research papers, please encourage your students to attend these sessions so they will be more proficient at searching the Library's databases and finding pertinent articles and books.
- If you are interested in either of these sessions but are unable to attend in person, for whatever reason, to discuss alternatives to these sessions please contact:
- Kathy Delker, Assistant Library Director
316–295–5808 (800–794–6945 x 5808)
In the eBook training session you will learn:
How to narrow (focus) your searches in the massive ebrary database of 100,000+ eBooks that include all the words in every eBook
How to naviagate in an ebrary eBook, including how to find specific words or phrases
How to create your own ebrary Bookshelf so that you can:
- Highlight and annotate
- Organize eBooks in folders
- Share eBooks which you have annotated with group members
- Download to handheld devices as well as use the eBooks on the ebrary Web site
In the Advanced Library Research training session you will learn:
How to create personalized space on the computer system for a database to:
- Save articles
- Organize articles in folders
- Share folders with group members
- Create email alerts and⁄or RSS feeds
How to use subject headings (tags) to narrow (focus) your results to more pertinent articles
How to narrow your results by facets like document types
How to create bibliographies (lists of works cited) more easily